Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekly Wrap-Up

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

09/08/08-09/14/08

Weather: A very rainy, gloomy fall weekend but I love that kind of weather!

Sunday sermon: This was the second sermon in the getting political series. I was very impressed by how Pastor Wayne really made his way through it without aligning himself to any particular party, etc. This sermon was on the wisdom in the bible about our economy.

Life lessons: That sometimes I just have to let go of anger and disappointment. If I give it to God, He will give me peace.

Favorite meal(s): Manicotti with Italian sausage and crusty bread

Treasured moments: The time I spent with some girlfriends just having fun together, my relaxing Sunday at home with my kids.

Talked with: My parents, my girlfriends

Things I read: The bible, Frankenstein, The Secret Scripture, Be Sweet

Things we watched: An American Crime (so traumatic and wrenching!), the first episode of Fringe, and lots of football

Places we went: Grocery shopping, swim, church & dinner with my girlfriends

Blessings: I've been blessed with good friends and a wonderful family

Challenges: Letting go of some hurt that was just festering in my heart

Family happenings: Aidan's swim lessons, a visit from Jimmy's daughters

2 comments:

Di said...

I am soooooo glad you were able to let go of all that!! I was praying all weekend.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful photo, I LOVE fall! I've never heard this verse and it really ministers to me as being someone who has chronic panic attacks. I know God sent me to your site for a reason today. He knew I needed to hear this verse :) Great post, thanks for sharing.