Friday, September 5, 2008

Book update

In keeping with one of my goals (to read some of the classics I've never bothered with before), I'm currently reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. So far, I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would (my only knowledge of Frankenstein before now was from Mel Brook's Young Frankenstein). I am only reading a little bit every night as I have to fit it in between the kids books, the bible, my nonfiction book and whatever fiction I'm reading for myself, but I don't think it will take me very long to finish.

Goal #2(reading an actual book you can get your teeth into with my kids) is Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone. They've seen the movies more times than they can count but I'm hoping this gives them a new appreciation for reading. My youngest can't read yet, but I'd love to instill in both of them the absolute love I have of reading.

Goal #3(a nonfiction book to further my mind/spirit) is A Mom After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. It's filled with good advice on how to bring your children up with a love of God and this is one I'll read over and over again. It's already got little notes all over the place and highlighted sections.

And finally, my fiction book of the moment is Full of Grace by Dorothea Benton Frank. It's a wonderful book as usual. Frank has a way of making you fall in love with the Lowcountry even though you may have never seen it before. I'm close to halfway through and should be able to finish it tonight. It's a great book, if a little predictable and I would read it again.

Oh...and two days ago I finished Daring Chloe by Laura Jensen Walker. It was a very quick read, Christian chick lit but I would definitely read it again. I've never ever dreamed of going to France but the way Walker described it made me fall in love with the city of Paris and now I've added that to my travel wish list.

No comments: