Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin


I am a picky reader. By this I mean, I may love a genre, but certain types of books in that genre do not appeal to me. I love a good fantasy novel. My favorite fantasy novels are generally urban fantasies and my least favorite is the very in depth, intricate fantasy (for an example, I have never been able to finish The Silmarillion by Tolkien). So when I picked up Magic Lost, Trouble Found, I wasn't sure where it would fall on the spectrum. Three days later, after putting it down only for necessary reasons (i.e. work, sleep & kids), I can tell you that it's a keeper. Magic Lost, Trouble found is a very well written, fast paced fantasy novel that will definitely remain on my "to read again" shelf. I cannot wait to read the next one in the series.

The main character, Raine, is a witty, kick butt sorceress of mediocre talent. I love the whole cast of characters in this book and I found myself laughing out loud on several occasions. Raine finds herself as the very unwilling keeper of a beacon that will lead her to a very dangerous artifact. I don't want to give too much away for those of you who might read this book. If you like fantasy and humor, I highly recommend Magic Lost, Trouble Found. Now I'm off to find the second book......

Magic Lost, Trouble Found
Lisa Shearin
A

No comments: