Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekly Wrap-Up

WEEKLY WRAP-UP
8/18/08-8/24/08

Weather: The week was pretty nice, though slightly on the warm side. Saturday was horridly hot!!!

Sunday sermon: It was based on Colossians 4, about how we are to evangelize. It was a great sermon as usual.

Life lessons: That if I simply give things up to God in prayer, He will answer in His way, in His time.

Favorite meal(s): Chicken breasts on the grill, it always tastes so juicy and good!

Treasured moments: The time we spent with my kids. Watching them watch the shows at the Ren Fest, they had the time of their life.

Talked with: My parents

Things I read: Julie by Catherine Marshall

Things we watched: The season finale of America's Best Dance Crew, Day of the Dead 2008 (HORRIBLE!) and The Goonies

Places we went: The Renaissance Festival in Holly, MI

Blessings: We has a great day at the Festival and a safe trip. Also, the excitement my kids have for going to church filled me with such happiness this weekend.

Challenges: Trusting God that whatever is wrong with my legs/feet is in His hands and that He will watch over me. It's a challenge to give it up to God and not stress over it as if I, a mere human, could actually fix it by stressing about it!

Family happenings: Family trip to the Renaissance Festival.

No comments: