Friday, August 8, 2008

Back to reality

Our honeymoon was beautiful and amazing. I'm so glad that we chose Florida and Universal Studios even though I wasn't too sure about that in the beginning. It was so relaxing and it went by far too quickly. We spent several days at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I hadn't realized how cool Universal would be. My favorite ride there was The Mummy ride. The special effects were AMAZING! The Men In Black ride was fun too, a giant ride-in video game. Aidan would love it. Islands of Adventure had far more rides and it was equally fun. The best rides there were the Hulk coaster (which gave me whiplash!) and the Spiderman 3D ride. Beyond the theme parks and rides, we went to a luau at SeaWorld our first night there. It really blew our minds away, with the fire eating and all the dancing. We had front row seats and it was so cool to see a different culture. And for a glimpse at another culture, we went to dinner at a Greek place called Taverna Opa. The food was good, but the atmosphere is what made it. After Taverna Opa we went to a wine bar to listen to a jazz band. The sax player was from MI and they played At Last for us by Etta James. The rest of our time was spent relaxing! We spent time at the pool and enjoyed the scenery. I was amazed at how many little lizards just hang out all over the place (not in our room thankfully!).

We were torn about coming back...we didn't want the vacation to end but at the same time, it felt so good coming home and seeing our kids. Now that we're back, life is busy again and we have to start counting the days until our Traverse City trip this fall. Next week I have to register the kids for school and Annika for her dance class. We're going to MIchigan Adventure with a group of our friends next weekend. I think the rest of this month will fly by with plans to go to a concert with my kids and to the Renaissance Festival later this month. Then, before we know it, it will be time to go school shopping and the summer freedom will end for the kiddos. I cannot believe that my baby is starting 1st grade this fall! She is growing up way too quickly.

God bless!

No comments: