Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday 13 #1

(Here is yet another thing I'm stealing from Diane...I thought I might as well give it a try!)

13 fun things to do with our kids

1. Take them to concerts
2. Take them to Michigan Adventure
3. Play Jr. Trivial Pursuit with them (since I kick their butts every single time, this might be a little selfish of me)
4. Read the bible together and let them ask questions about the passages we've read. They always come up with REALLY interesting ones LOL
5. Take them to the Renaissance Festival
6. Play volleyball with them (most of them duck from the ball, it's hilarious)
7. Play Harry Potter Scene It! with them...another one I win a lot :)
8. Go swimming with them and play Marco Polo
9. Have a "picnic" dinner in our living room while watching a family movie
10. Take them to the orchard in the fall for all the fun harvest activities
11. Carve pumpkins with them
12. Color eggs with them (though I'd say they still get more color on themselves than the eggs!)
13. Go through all of our photo albums and look at the fun stuff we've done together in the past, the kids can talk about it for hours and it reminds us that we are making wonderful memories for them.

4 comments:

Di said...

Awwww, what a sweet list! I remember the days!!!!

If you want more traffic on your blog, you can go to thursdaythirteen.com and leave a comment and your blog will appear on the list. That's what I do and where I've gotten some of the people who read it.

Yasmin said...

Happy TT and welcome...I love playing marco polo with my kids and we've done the renaissance fair but it always seems to be too hard so I haven't done it recently.
http://www.apooobooks.com/2008/08/20/hot-fun-summertimehanging-beach/

Anonymous said...

Di gives good advice. I found your list from the TT hub. You make me want to brak out the game boards.

Anonymous said...

Ooo.. great list. You should also add the air museum in Kzoo. (though I should disclose that I work there, so I am biased).

Happy TT and thanks for visiting my blog!