Monday, June 2, 2008

Blessings

The Lord is truly wonderful and amazing. We are so blessed in so many ways and this weekend really brought some of those ways home to me. Saturday morning the kids and I went to watch my best friend's daughter play soccer. It's hilarious watching a bunch of first graders play soccer...half of them stopped when the ball came near them with expressions on their face like "What do I do now?!?!?" Saturday afternoon two of my very good friends threw Jimmy & I a "post wedding" shower. It was so much fun to just hang out with our friends and eat yummy Greek style food.

Sunday morning I took my daughter and her little friend Savannah, to church. As usual, the service was amazing and I felt so uplifted when I left church. Jimmy & I both are so happy that God pointed us in the direction of KCC. We spent Sunday afternoon cleaning and then we hosted our small group bible study on Sunday evening. While we were all visiting and eating dinner, I was struck by how blessed we were to have this group as friends and as partners to help us learn more about ourselves in Christ.

No matter what I don't have, the things that I do have are the most important ones. A healthy and loving family that puts Christ first, friends who do the same and who want to help us in our walk with God in any way that they can. Thank you God for things like this.

1 comment:

Di said...

Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!