Thursday, February 16, 2012

Medical Adventures

Someone (my family physician actually) recently told me that I should write a book about the medical journey I've been on in the last few months. I laughed at her and wondered to myself, "Who on earth would want to read about my medical drama?". Isn't it enough that the poor souls on my Facebook have been subjected to it day in and day out as I whine and moan about the newest development? I've shared this story with numerous doctors, hospital staff and nurses. I've shared it to a group of high school leaders at my church. I've talked about it for what seems hours on the phone to my friends and family, my coworkers and church members. I've emailed the story. Haven't I spewed enough? Now mind you, this comment was made a few weeks ago and now it has had time to stew in the back of my mind. Maybe it would be therapeutic for me to vent it all in one spot. Maybe some other person is suffering through something similar to what I've gone through in the past two months and this could encourage them. Heaven knows I could have used some encouragement when there seemed to be no end to the pokes, prods, problems and tests. And maybe, just maybe, I could get it all out of my system.

So in honor of the fact that my life has been like a House episode for the last two months, I've decided to resurrect my blog yet again. This poor, forgotten meme has been sitting out in cyberspace, ignored for over a year. I trot it out when I feel like being witty, or trying my hand at writing and promptly forget about it when life gets, as it is prone to do, very busy. I haven't worked in almost two months due to this illness, so I have plenty of time on my hands at the moment. In fact, I have so much time on my hands that I am tired of reading, tired of watching tv and tired of living what I had supposed would have been a life of pure leisure. Over the next few days as my meningitis story unfolds, maybe someone will see the story and realize that they are not suffering alone. Or maybe no one will read it and it will just be a spot for me to salve my wounds and work out the tangled knot this has made in my heart and mind. Either way, it ought to be interesting.............

No comments: